#KopiKultur: Kangen Klinik Kopi

Everybody knows Mas Pepeng and his Klinik Kopi. Sure he will laugh and denied my statement, but, seriously. He has the coolest place on earth to enjoy a cup of joe. It has not much chair or table, no WiFi, nice brewing spot, his roasting machine, little coffee dome, uh what's else- too many cool things in one place, and very very nice spot to hang out. The construction made from bamboo and peculiar tegel kunci used as tiles. For smoker, there is greenery corner prepared for you. Too bad I come at night so I don't have pictures to show you.

To take a note about his place is he educate people to appreciate coffee (which still a rare thing here). He educate the farmers, all around Indonesia, how to take care their coffee plantation correctly. He educate the coffee drinkers what a nice coffee is. When I came there, he's telling me all about his social media movement. Showed me his green beans storage and teach me the different between each post-harvest process. He's like the godfather in Jogja's coffee universe. Make sure you come early to get more chance to have a talk. Moreover, come with reservation.

From what I heard, he started in circa 2009. Learn about manual brewing and stuff. Start to sell some cups by door to door reservation before finally he got his own place. Around 2012 I got a chance to have private brewing with him, but foolishly I missed it. Such a waste. And before I knew it, his place always crowded and I'm too lazy if it too much people. Haha


Klinik Kopi
Jl. Kaliurang KM. 7,8, Sinduharjo, Ngaglik, Sleman, Daerah Istimewa Yogyakarta
0813-9278-4240



 





No comments:

Post a Comment